Thursday, December 20, 2007

In Christ alone...

So...during my devotional this morning, I read "My utmost for his highest" and what called my attention the most was that a book that was written almost 100 yrs ago (and has been continuosly in print since 1935) is still so relevant...this is what Brother Chambers said on todays reading:
"..The theme of the world’s religion today is to serve in a pleasant, non-confrontational manner." Wow...are you sure he's still not alive?! That deeply touches me because, yes, I've heard brothers and sisters talking about really hiding the Cross of Jesus and really saying that "hey...its all about love and almost no consequences." but to hear (read) that from someone some almost 100 yrs ago?! Now...something that touched me even more is how he puts a thought into perspective, he says "..If you think you are helping lost people with your sympathy and understanding, you are a traitor to Jesus Christ. You must have a right-standing relationship with Him yourself, and pour your life out in helping others in His way." It may sound simple and cliché but that to me translates into my theory that "Nobody changes Nobody" not acting nice, not showing them anything; afterall, only the spirit convinces. Simpathy and understanding is necessary but at the end of the day..."In Christ ALONE OUR hope is found". God Bless, Lucas Penido.